RADIAL REAMP KIT (J48, XAMP, CASE, AND POWER SUPPLY).
The Radial ReAmping Kit including the J48 and XAmp will give you access to the creative world of Re-Amplification! Record your dry guitar tracks into your recording system with the J48 active DI, then send your recorded tracks out through the XAmp to different amps and effects. Radial's ReAmping Kit includes an XAmp and a J48 packed in a protective Zebracase Z12 and 9 Volt power supply. The PERFECT bundle kit for anyone looking to get into recording and reamping.
The Radial X Amp is an active re-amper that allows a track from a multi-track recorder to be played through a guitar amplifier (or amplifiers) and re-recorded. Players and engineers can experiment with different combinations of amps and effect pedals long after the original performance has been recorded to build the thickest and chunkiest guitar tracks. The X Amp handles level and impedance conversion with an active Class A circuit which reproduces all the tones and inflections of the original performance. X Amp drives guitar amps as if the player was still plugged into it!
X Amp accepts a balanced +4dB line-level signal and outputs two unbalanced instrument level signals that can connect to effect pedals and amps. To prevent ground loops between the recorder and the amps, the input features a ground lift. X Amp allows simultaneous use of two amps. The second amp output is buffered to prevent signal loss, transformer-isolated to eliminate hum caused by ground loops and features a polarity reverse to align out-of-phase amps. The output level control and clip LED aid in setting levels quickly and saves you many trips back and forth between the mixer and amps. Finally, the X Amp is packaged in an innovative and tough 14 gauge steel welded I-beam enclosure that makes it impossible to torque the PC board.
Radial XAmp Features:
- 100% Class-A circuit yields amazing clarity
- Overload LED helps monitor input levels
- Dual outputs drive two amps or pedal chains
- Polarity reverse corrects phase between amps
- Out-2 is transformer-isolated to eliminate ground loops
- Active level control to set perfect levels for your amp
XAmp Applications: - Line-level to instrument level conversion
- Interfaces recording gear with amps & pedals
- Re-amp your way to fat sounding tracks
- Use during basic tracks, over-dubs and mixing
- Active design reproduces original performance
- Tweak amp and pedal sound AFTER recording
- Reduces player fatigue and repetition
- Amplify acoustic instrument without feedback
- Run 2 amps without hum or buzz
Re-amping with X Amp is fun and allows engineers to perfect guitar tracks with options not possible during a typical fast ’n furious tracking session. The X Amp makes the re-amping process easy and it’s ultra-high audio quality yields excellent results.
Input level: +4dB balanced line level
Input impedance: 600 Ohms
Output impedance: 5kOhms
Output 1: Direct
Output 2: Transformer isolated
Output Level: Variable
Dynamic Range: > 100dB
Power Requirement: Custom 15 volt supply
Size: 3.5 wide, 2 high, 5.5 inches deep
Weight: 1 kg or 2 lbs
Warranty: 3 Years
The Radial J48 direct box is the world’s finest phantom-powered active DI. It has been optimized to handle extreme transients using only the 5 milliamps of available current from typical 48-Volt phantom power. The J48 features a unique digital switch-mode power supply that steps up the internal rail voltage to an amazing 9-Volts. Most battery-powered guitars and basses are active and will produce as much as 7-Volts when played at maximum volume. Since typical direct boxes are only able to handle about 3 volts, they choke. The trouble is caused when the input signal is greater than the internal rail voltage. This creates all types of distortion: bass sounds thin and lacks punch, guitars sound scratchy and tend to have sporadic peaks, and they lose their natural body resonance.
Radial J48 Features:
- Superior dynamic headroom
- High input impedance reduces loading
- Merge switch sums stereo instruments to mono
- Low-cut filter, -15 dB PAD, and polarity reverse
- Provides extra reach and air in your sound!
- Ideal for active acoustic guitars and basses
- Equally wonderful for live or studio
- Huge 9-Volt internal rail voltage for extra headroom
- Handles loud transients without choking or clipping
- No batteries required, works with phantom-power
- 3 year transferable warranty
Because the J48 has more horse-power (current to work with), it is able to handle these transients without choking. This extra headroom significantly reduces harmonic, phase and inter-modulation distortion. And when you fix all of the problems, a funny thing occurs... you get great sound!
J48 MK2 Direct Box Specifications:
Dynamic Range: 130dB
Signal to Noise: 119dB@100Hz
Maximum Input: 10V
Frequency Range: 10Hz~40kHz
Linearity: 20~20kHz: 0.1dB
10º at 20Hz
0º at 1kHz
Distortion at 20Hz: < 0.5%
Input Impedance: 220kW
Output Impedance: 600W
Construction: Welded steel
Finish: Baked enamel
Input connectors: Two 1/4-inch phone Output connectors: XLR male